Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 30 mins
- 1 cup quinoa, or brown rice
- ½ cup orange juice (approx. 2 medium oranges squeezed)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 small garlic minced
- inch of ginger finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 medium ripe avocados
- Red onion finely chopped
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- Mustard green, rocket & shredded brussels sprouts (for base)
- For the Quinoa or brown rice: cook according to package instructions
- Combine orange juice, olive oil, orange zest, garlic, thyme, ginger, salt and whisk until well combined.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture to the quinoa or brown rice. leave the remainder on the side.
- For the chickpeas: in a pan heat up 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- Once pan is hot, add 1 can of chickpeas drained, or 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every now and again to crisp evenly.
- Then add 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon chipotle powder or chilli powder, pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring to evenly distribute the seasoning, then take of the heat.
- For the base: display in a bowl or plate your greens, rockets, and shredded brussels sprouts.
- Add the chickpeas, quinoa, or brown rice to the dish.
- Slice avocadoes and add the dish.
- Use the orange herbal mixture made earlier to pour on when eating.