Preparation time: 10 minutes
Overnight soaking time
Makes: 1 portion
This is a very simple recipe. Mix it before bed, put it in the fridge. In the morning top with your fruit, seeds, and nuts. That’s it!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (or plant-based milks)
- Toppings: fresh fruit (strawberries, blackberries)
- Toppings: nuts and seeds (chopped hazelnuts, almonds etc)
- Sweetener (honey, agave, maple syrup)
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together the chia seeds and almond milk. Cover and set in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, give the chia seed pudding a very good mix, breaking apart any clumps. It's normal for it to have clumps, but once you give it a good stir, it will become a pudding texture.
- Top with fruits, nuts, and seeds, like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and chopped hazelnuts etc.
- You can also mix in some plant-based yogurt to make it extra creamy.
- If desired, drizzle on maple syrup, honey, or agave to taste.
- If you are planning to make chia pudding ahead of time, the best way is to make the pudding in a big bowl.
- After it has soaked overnight, in the morning, give it a very good stir to break apart any clumps.
- Once the pudding has a good consistency, then portion it out into the individual pots for the next several days.