Everything bagel and harissa seasoned tofu
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 20 mins
- Everything bagel and harissa seasoned tofu
- Sauteed mushrooms& brussels sprouts with chipotle sea salt
- Jade pearl rice, cooked
- Avocado sliced
- Baby cucumbers, sliced or diced
- Steamed beets, sliced
- Orange baby tomatoes, diced
- Bunch of basil, chopped
- Bunch of chives, finely copped
- Generous amount of everything bagel seasoning
For The Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1½ tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1½ tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Store in a glass spice jar.
For the Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cubed
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup plant milk
- 2 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tablespoon harissa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Place the plant milk in a bowl. in a separate bowl, whisk together the corn starch, everything seasoning, harissa powder and salt.
- Dip the tofu cubes first in the plant milk then roll into the corn starch mix, making sure each cube is coated on all sides.
- Heat up the oil in a skillet and once hot add the tofu and cook until golden on all sides, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Arrange all ingredients in a bowl, add more chopped herbs before serving if preferred.