Prep Time: 10 minutes
30 minutes -1 hour in fridge
- 2 large avocados roughly chopped
- 1/4cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup, agave or 1 ripe banana
- 3 dates, softened
- 1/3cup coconut cream (tin coconut cream, not coconut milk)
- 1cup dark chocolate melted and slightly cooled
- 1 Tablespoon carob powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- To soften the dates, remove the pit and place them in a bowl. Pouring boiling water over the dates and letting them soak for a few minutes.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your chopped avocado and blend until smooth.
- Add all the rest of your ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend on high until completely smooth, creamy, and combined, scraping down the sides every now and then.
- Distribute the mousse amongst 4 glasses or serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up. (Can be left overnight in the fridge.
- Garnish as you wish (be creative.)
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days