- 1 juiced orange or ¼ cup juice (add more oranges if making into juice rather than shots)
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh turmeric 1 (4" root) or 1 tbsp powdered turmeric
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Potent blender version
- Use fresh turmeric root.
- Wash and chop the turmeric root.
- Peel and Juice the ranges.
- You can use fresh juice, not from concentrate if you prefer that over juicing fresh oranges. Oranges are important to offset any bitter flavours and oranges provide additional immune-boosting vitamin C.
- Add Ingredients to a Blender.
- Blend the mixture as smooth as you can. A high-speed blender is best - such as Blendtec, Nutribullet or Vitamix, but a medium speed blender will also work.
- Strain the Mixture. Use a fine sieve to pour the mixture through, capturing the paper skin of the root and orange pulp. I typically use a rubber spoon to press on the mixture and squeegee out as much liquid as possible.
- Drink your Shot. Drink 2-3 ounces at once for most potent use. You can make it in batches however and refrigerate for up to 4 days before the wellness power begins to fade.
- Use powdered turmeric
- Make shot in a Jar
- Mix and shake all ingredients in a jar.
- Add ¼ cup orange juice, ½ cup coconut water, 1 tbsp of powdered turmeric spice and a pinch of black pepper to a jar.
- Shake vigorously.
- Refrigerate and drink half immediately, and the other half within 24 hours for best potency.