Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 40 mins
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha *
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon maple syurp
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos or light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sesame seeds
- Cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F/ 220 C.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, and wash and dry them thoroughly.
- Dust florets with corn starch (you can use a small fine mesh sieve for that), then add them to the sauce. Use a spatula to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread them on a lined baking sheet and bake bites for 30-40 minutes. After every 10-15 minutes, toss them around and coat them with any of the “run off” sauce. Since they’re not dipped in batter, they won’t get crispy like cauliflower wings, but they should be a little charred, and deliciously caramelized from the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and cilantro and enjoy them on a salad, as a taco or burrito filling, or with rice or noodles.
- Add more or less sriracha to your preference. For a less sweet sauce, scale back to 1 tbsp maple syrup or omit the coconut sugar.