Coconut, Almond & Vanilla Dessert Balls
- 1 cup dates, pitted (150 g)
- 4 oz blanched almonds (120 g)
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Shredded coconut (for coating)
- Soak the pitted dates in a small bowl in hot water for 15 minutes if needed, then drain well. If you have moist dates on hand, you can skip this step.
- Add the dates along with all the other ingredients to your food processor. Pulse a few times, then blend until a sticky texture form.
- This might take 1-2 minutes. If your mixture is still crumbly at this point, add some more coconut milk or a splash of water.
- Using wetted hands, grab little chunks of the almond coconut mixture and roll them into little balls. Depending on your preferred size, you may end up with more or fewer bliss balls.
- Once you have created all of the balls, put shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll the bliss balls until evenly coated.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for half an hour before serving to let the balls get firmer.
- The coconut almond dessert balls can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
For more coconut flavour, add more shredded coconut straight to your bliss balls mixture before rolling.
If you want a lower fat version of this recipe, swap the coconut milk for almond milk or even water.
For more sweetness, simply add 1 tbsp of vegan syrup and reduce any added water.
If you don’t have coconut milk on hand, you can use 2 tbsp of almond butter or almond milk instead.
Use a kitchen scale for measuring to achieve the best results.