Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 20 mins
- 3/4 cup black rice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 800g pumpkin, cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 125g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine cumin seeds, ground coriander and 2 tbs oil in a large bowl. Season. Add pumpkin and onion. Toss to coat. Transfer to prepared tray. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Place lemon juice, chilli and remaining oil in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add beans and half the fresh coriander to rice. Toss to combine. Spoon ¾ of the rice onto a serving tray. Arrange pumpkin mixture and avocado on top of rice. Sprinkle with remaining rice. Top with remaining coriander sprigs. Drizzle with dressing before serving.