Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Sheet Pan Roast
- 2 tablespoon Berbere spice
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon waters
- 1 ½ 1b Kabocha squash, 3 to 4 slices (can substitute for yams, butternut squash
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained or 1 ½ cups cooked
- 2 large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced (1 cut in half and then cut each half in thirds)
- 1 cup Millet
- 1 cup from 15oz can coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut cream (from the coconut milk can)
- ¼ cup lime juice (1-2 limes)
- zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup cucumber chunks, peeled and deseeded
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or a few thin slices
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped stems and leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Set oven to 400 Degrees.
- Make the berbere paste. Mix together berbere, oil and oil in a bowl, set aside to hydrate for 10 minutes.
- Reserve ½ cup of the thick cream part of the coconut milk and set aside.
- Bring the remaining coconut milk, water, turmeric and salt to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add the coconut oil ad millet, bring to a gentle boil and then turn down to lowest simmer. Leave covered for 15 minutes. without lifting the lid, leave covered (no peeking), turn off heat and let sit at least 10 minutes more.
Prepare sheet pan roast
- Place prepared squash, shallots and chickpeas on sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Liberally spread the berbere paste with a brush.
- Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until everything is cooked and roasty.
Make the drizzle
- Blend together the reserved coconut cream, lime juice & zest, salt, honey, cucumber, and fresh ginger until smooth.
- Add in cilantro and mint and blend just another few seconds, enough to break up the herbs but still keeping pieces and flecks.
- Assemble the bowls with the veggies on top of the warm millet.
- Add fresh spinach and drizzle with the sauce.
- Top with toasted coconut.